More Than Meets The Eye: A CSU Chico Diversity BlogMore Than Meets The Eye: A CSU Chico Diversity Blog is written by Tracy Butts, Chief Diversity Officer.
Unit Diversity Plans DueThe Big DayApril 16th, 2012The big day is here.
- Queer Week, October 8-12, 2012
- Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) Annual Conference
- October Diversity Events
- Fall 2012 Conversations on Diversity
- “Chico at its very best”: Reflections on the 2010 Diversity Summit
- An Opportunity Not to Be Missed: Women, Leadership, and Success Panel
- Diversity Academy 2011 Reflections
Category Archives: Best Practices
This year’s CELT Conference theme, Active, Engaged Learning, highlights sessions in instruction, classroom management, interdisciplinary curriculum, diversity, internationalization, the use of appropriate technology to enhance student learning, civic engagement, and interdisciplinary curriculum. Brenda J. Allen, PhD, Associate Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Inclusion at … Continue reading
After reading “Diversity Academy 2011 Reflections,” which was posted earlier in this blog, Adelle DeMasi (Admissions) sent me the following post, her reflection on her experiences during the 2010 Diversity Summit for Chico State students. Adelle shared, “[the Diversity Summit] … Continue reading
With the Cesar Chavez holiday this Friday, March 30, 2012, I thought this a good time to post a link to Tim Wise’s “Majoring in Minstrelsy: White Students, Blackface, and the Failure of Mainstream Multiculturalism.” Wise addresses the issue of students dressing … Continue reading